The author has added to the rich legacy of the erudite scholars of the past by dedicating his efforts to the genre, history of the Qur’an. He has focused on the history pertaining to the revelation, divisions, and writing of the Noble Qur’an. This books scholarly nature will resonate with those interested in studying the sciences of the Qur’an.
Click one of the sections below:
Chapter One – The Revelation of the Noble Qur’an
There are five modules in this chapter:
- Revelation of the Qur’an.
- The first stage of revelation.
- The second stage of revelation.
- The wisdom behind revealing the Qur’an in parts.
- The first wisdom.
- The second wisdom.
- The third wisdom.
- The first revelation.
- The first view.
- The second view.
- The last revelation.
- Overview of the six companions whose views are related.
- The eight views.
- Review and favoured opinion.
- Benefits of knowing the order of revelation.
- The first benefit.
- The second benefit.
- The third benefit.
Chapter Two – The Divisions of The Noble Qur’an
There are four modules in this chapter:
1. Division to Makki and Madani chapters.
2. Division of the Qur’an into chapters.
3. Division of the chapters of the Qur’an.
4. Miscellaneous divisions of the Qur’an.
- Count of the verses of the Qur’an.
- What a verse constitutes.
- Benefits of knowing the verse.
- Ways to recognize the signs of a verse.
- Laws pertaining to the order of the verses in the Qur’an.
Chapter Three – The Writing of the Noble Qur’an
There are three modules in this chapter:
1. Writing of the Qur’an in presence of Rasulullah salla Llahu ‘alayhi wa sallam.
2. Gathering of the Qur’anic texts in the era of Abu Bakr radiya Llahu ‘anhu.
3. Writing of the Qur’an in the era of ‘Uthman radiya Llahu ‘anhu.
Back to top