BACK⇒ Return to Table of contents
A bedouin entered the Masjid and submitted: May my parents be sacrificed for you, I have come to you loaded with sins
دخل أعرابي المسجد فقال بأبي أنت جئتك مثقلا بالذنوب
A bedouin entered the Masjid and submitted (at the grave of the Prophet salla Llahu ‘alayhi wa sallam), “May my parents be sacrificed for you, I have come to you loaded with sins.”
Hafiz ibn ‘Abdul Hadi said, “This narration is munkar and mawdu’. Its isnad is layers of darkness surmounting one another.”
Al Haytham ibn ‘Adi
- Al Bukhari says, “He is not reliable. He would lie.”
- Abu Dawood said, “Kadhab (great liar).”
- Al Nasa’i and others have said, “Matruk al hadith (suspected for hadith forgery).”
- Ibn al Madini states, “He is more reliable than al Waqidi. However, I am not pleased with him in anything.”
Ahmed ibn Muhammad ibn al Haytham from his father.
- He has no mention in the biographies of the known narrators.
- His name is not established. Some have determined his name as Aslam or Muslim ibn Yazid. Others have determined it as ‘Abdullah ibn Najidh.
- His narrations from ‘Ali are mursal, i.e. he narrates directly from ‘Ali without having ever met him.
Next⇒ Rasulullah salla Llahu ‘alayhi wa sallam entered my presence while there was a mukhannath by me
 Lisan al Mizan vol. 6 pg. 251 Biography: 7977; Mizan al I’tidal vol. 4 pg. 324 Biography: 9311.
 Al Taqrib Number: 8167.
Back to top