BACK⇒ Return to Table of contents
‘Umar would seek protection from a dilemma which Abu al Hassan is not present to solve
كان عمر يتعوذ من معضلة ليس لها أبا الحسن
‘Umar would seek protection from a dilemma which Abu al Hassan is not present to solve.
The narration is da’if. Mu’ammal ibn Ismail is present.
Mu’ammal ibn Ismail Abi ‘Abdul Rahman al ‘Adawi al Basri
- Abu Hatim says, “ Staunch on the Sunnah. Blunders profusely.”
- Al Bukhari comments, “Munkar al hadith (contradicts reliable narrators).”
- Ibn Sa’d and al Daraqutni remarked, “Blunders profusely.”
- Al Marwazi says, “When he is the sole narrator of a hadith, it is necessary that tawaqquf be observed and it be examined since he had weak memory, and made plenty mistakes.”
- Al Bukhari states, “Munkar al hadith (contradicts reliable narrators).”
- Hafiz says, “Truthful with weak memory.”
Next⇒ When the Jews of Khaybar would fight the Ghatfan, they would supplicate: O Allah, we beseech You by the right of Muhammad the unlettered Nabi
 Al Kashif vol. 2 pg. 309 Biography: 5747.
 Mizan al I’tidal vol. 2 pg. 221; Tahdhib al Tahdhib vol. 10 pg. 381.
 Man Tukullima Fih vol. 1 pg. 183 Biography: 347.
 Taqrib al Tahdhib Biography: 7029.
Back to top