Kill Na’thal for he has committed kufr
اقتلوا نعثلا فإنه كفر
Kill Na’thal (the old fool) for he has committed kufr.
This statement has been attributed to Sayyidah ‘Aisha radiya Llahu ‘anha which she allegedly voiced regarding Sayyidina ‘Uthman radiya Llahu ‘anhu.
Nasr ibn Muzahim appears in the isnad.
Nasr ibn Muzahim
- Al ‘Uqayli says, “He was inclined towards Shi’ism. There is idtirab (internal inconsistencies) in his narrations in addition to plenty errors.”
- Al Dhahabi declares, “He was a staunch Rafidi. They discarded him.”
- Abu Khaythamah remarks, “He was a kadhab (great liar).”
- Abu Hatim says, “Wahi al hadith (weak in hadith). Matruk (suspected of hadith forgery).”
- Al Daraqutni comments, “Da’if (weak).”
- Al Juzajani explains, “Nasr was wayward from the truth, deviated.”
- Salih ibn Muhammad says, “Nasr ibn Muzahim narrated many munkar (anomalous) ahadith from weak narrators.”
- Hafiz Abu al Fath Muhammad ibn al Hussain says, “Nasr ibn Muzahim was radical in his belief.”
Taking the above into consideration, this narration is not worth consideration or attention. Coupled with this is its contradiction to sahih narrations which indicate the opposite.
 Al Du’afa’ vol. 4 pg. 300 Hadith: 1899.
 Al Mizan vol. 4 pg. 253 Number: 9046.
 Tarikh Baghdad vol. 13 pg. 283.